Friday, October 22, 2010

younger sister's birthday!

Last weekend was one of my younger sisters' birthday!
You didn't know I had sisters? Oh yes. I do. 
They are all in Panda Land and I didn't meet them until this summer... 
But they are mine.
The Birthday girl is Honey Jessica. :) 
We went to hot pot and KTV
(Hot pot is a famous local food... KTV is Kareoke.)
She introduced me one by one to each of her 20 or so friends.
She told them...
This is Shanda, my jiejie (older sister).
Birthday cake time!
This is Gabriella. Bruce, Gabriella and I went shopping for birthday presents before the party.
They told all the shop owners that I was their sister.
A lot of people were confused by that.
They would say, "What doesn't everyone have a sister from another country?"
This is Una.
She is precious. We hang out a lot even though we have trouble communicating - as we don't speak each other's languages very well... but we manage! :)
She makes me smile and often steals my camera to take pictures of herself.
Holly, Gaby, Gabriella, Bruce, and me - All members of my group from the summer...
and all people that are now my Panda Land Family.
But we, of course, can not forget the birthday girl! :)
I love spending time with these friends. 
They're so comfortable with me and I'm so comfortable with them. :) 
They are pretty excited for next month when they plan to throw a big party for their older sister's birthday. 
I'm sure that will be a super sweet adventure!

P.S. Upon request, I've opened up this blog to comments. They will be moderated, of course. 
So feel free to comment if you'd like... but... say smart things.

2 comments:

  1. how fun is it to see your group still hanging out sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have a nice Panda Land family!

    ReplyDelete