Here are some important facts I have learned about umbrella usage:
1. There are 3 kinds of umbrellas.
- Rain Umbrella ("normal")
- Sunshine Umbrella (with an extra coating that helps block UV rays on the top)
- Decorative (only used to hang from a ceiling or in performances)
2. While the westerner in me rejects the idea of carrying an umbrella in the sunshine it might be better for me to give in to the idea because...
- if I don't, others will insist on walking WITH me and holding their umbrella over me... which would be fine, except that I am usually significantly taller and I inevitably end up having to duck down (which hurts my back) and/or they hit me in the head with it (and mess up my hair)
- it really can be pretty hot here and the umbrella DOES block a little bit of the heat/sunshine.
3. I need to go buy a sunshine umbrella because it seems to be more acceptable to use a sunshine umbrella in the rain than to use a rain umbrella in the sunshine.
Who knew I had so much to learn about UMBRELLAS!?
No comments:
Post a Comment